Hey, Y’all! Droppin’ in to tell you about my latest vlog series. This entire site (in some way or another) is dedicated to my journey to and through grad school…again. But this time, I plan to score a doctorate degree. (And is this vlog below I reveal what I plan to study as a doctoral student).
In my last episode, I explained my why! I want to personally thank those who have connected with me to share more about graduate school. I appreciate you so much, and I continue to learn with your support each day.
How did I decide which schools would make “my list?” I explain in detail in the video below, however, here is a quick snaphot:
- Narrow my professional/academic/research interests.
- Expose myself to professionals, practitioners, and professors while they worked (and asked the right questions).
- Develop a career plan. (I used Imagine PhD.)
- Built rapport with key faculty members, professionals, and practitioners.
- Pair individuals with research and schools, and their doctoral programs.
- Compose a “my preferences” list to filter schools based on my liking.
- Contact program coordinators and directors to establish relationships and ask more direct questions about their program(s).
Then, I studied the admissions list for each school to understand the best way to perform each task.
Once I compiled my list of schools and the admissions task list for each, I began to order that task list so I could begin working through completion. For me, the first task was to take the GRE. I will be about in (approximately) two weeks to discuss how I registered for and prepared for the GRE (especially in the midst of a pandemic).
Thank you for joining my journey!
Love, Light, & PhD